A clear vision on skin therapy
Dermatologists and aestheticians describe it as the “Zoom effect”: as more and more people make working from home (and thus staring at their own faces in virtual meetings) a permanent way of life, interest in cosmetic skin procedures is skyrocketing. And this is by no means a temporary effect of COVID—the global non-invasive aesthetic treatment market is projected to balloon from €47 billion in 2021 to over €83 billion by 2026. Contributing toward this explosive growth is an increasing emphasis on combining procedures: having made up their minds to seek aesthetic treatment, many patients prefer to address multiple issues “while they’re at it.”
With this in mind, F Care Systems presents the Viridex®RF, an all-in-one radiofrequency skin treatment system ideal for treating numerous dermatological issues, including:
- Stretch marks
- Cherry angiomas/hemangiomas
Why choose radiofrequency skin treatment?
In a word: versatility. Laser resurfacing only addresses superficial issues, and may not be suitable for all skin types; electrocautery and cryosurgery can cause blistering and infection; surgical treatments require weeks of recovery. The Viridex®RF generator, on the other hand, is suitable for treating issues at both the epidermal and dermal layers, with minimal risk of adverse effects such as hyperpigmentation or burns.
Primary mechanisms of action:
Thermocoagulation: Targeted application of radiofrequency energy denatures the proteins within blood vessel walls (e.g., telangiectasia, rosacea, cherry angiomas), collapsing them without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Electrosection: As the electrode tip is slowly advanced through the tissue (e.g., skin tags, fibromas), it simultaneously cuts and cauterises, yielding a clean incision with far less heat spread than electrocautery.
Advantages for patients
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Little to no downtime
- Lower risk of post-treatment complications than other procedures
- Stimulates body’s natural healing processes for longer-lasting effects
Advantages for practitioners
- Convenient all-in-one solution for RF aesthetic dermatology
- Most procedures require just one session
- Exceptional thermal control: less pain, more precise results
- Cost-effective and low-maintenance
Telangiectasia treatment protocol
- Treat the feeding veins before the telangiectasia, to prevent recurrence.
- Please keep in mind that the diameter of the treatable vessel is max. Ø 1mm.
- Disinfect the area before the treatment and remove any make-up or skin covering substance.
- Use a K3i needle for the face and a K6i needle for legs and feet.
- Use the gold plated needles in case of Nickel allergies.
Pay attention to the distance between the neelde pricks!
Hold the needle perpendicular to the skin
Don’t insert the needle in a 45° angle.
If you use the needle holder in a 45° angle,
bend the needle
Apply gentle pressure as the skin goes down.
Don’t apply energy before penetrating the skin.
Insufficient pressure can cause superficial burns.
Excessive pressure is ineffective.
Radiofrequency and Telangiectasias
Jean Marc Chardonneau; International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Dermatology, 2018; Volume 3, Issue 2
Efficacy and results of thermocoagulation modality in the treatment of reticular
and telangiectasic veins: 10 Years Single Center Expercience
Prof. Ufuk Demirkilic, MD Vaicose Veins Centre, Ankara Turkey
Need a visit from a representative?
Share this treatment